Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

DAY SIX

Only two more days to go! Today was actually the first day that I felt better. Not completely whole, but okay. My headache was finally subsiding, the pain in my legs was slowly leaving my body; I was almost myself. Now if I could only snag a caramel macchiato, my world would be spinning in a sane universe. And really, how could I feel bad? The day was golden, glittering and clear. I have terrific friends and an awesome family. My little girl is miraculous. My boyfriend rocks. I live in a place that people dream about visiting. I needed to put it all into a big box of perspective.




Throughout the day I didn’t crave any cooked food like I did the other days. I felt fine just consuming salad and fruit. And I wasn’t terribly hungry, either. I just snacked all day. After my last meal, I topped it off with apple slices spread with peanut butter and it was very satisfying. Hopefully my last day will be equally as agreeable because since I began this diet, I have been evaluating my eating habits. I have especially been taking account of the emotions associated with how and what I eat. I don’t want to wax poetic about it until I am completely finished with the experience, but if anything, that will be my biggest lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your blog is so funny. I'm glad your journey of the raw food diet is coming to an end. It's so hard to do. We tried it, partially, and liked it, but to do it 100% . .. kutos to you!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete